Wednesday, October 11, 2017

POLS [REVISED]

I can tell he's in a hurry to leave. He came dressed up in a suit, so he probably had to be in court today. "You wanted to talk about the Federalist Papers."

I showed him my book. Flipped through it. 

"I didn't know you were going to read all of them. I thought just the ones in the back of the textbook. No. 51."

"No, I plan on finishing it. It's four hundred pages, and I thought I could get it done over break, but as you can see, that didn't happen...I want to negotiate with you."

He nodded at me.

"How much is this worth to you?" I was referring to extra credit. Watching a movie (with, at the very least, political ideas) and writing a couple page brief is worth 15 extra credit points. I probably could have watched over ten movies with the amount of time that it's taking to read all the Federalist Papers. 

"Well, I mean, it's not someone's interpretation of the material, it's the source document itself, so yeah, I would give it a lot of scholastic value. But you did well on the midterm, you're not going to need extra credit."


No comments:

Post a Comment