Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Great Alcohol Debate: Co-Enablers

So, it's evening, and I'm pouring myself a glass of Belvidere (not my favorite vodka, but I don't have much for options), and Mom walks into the kitchen.

"You can't have alcohol," she says.

"I'm just going to have one drink," I reply.

"You can't because of your medications," she continues.

Dad overhears the whole conversation.

I add a little orange juice to the glass, and take it over to the couch, and sit down.

Mom goes back into her bedroom, where she stays for the night.

I down the drink quickly, and place it on the floor, empty. I start typing on the computer in my lap, not paying attention to Dad, who is heating up dinner.

In a little while, he walks up to me, with his finger up to his lips, and an orange-colored drink in his hand. He gives it to me, and goes back to the kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment