Monday, February 26, 2018

The Woes of Microbiology, Part Three (Why I was not Comparing myself to Bill Gates)

Dear Readers:

I realized that my entry made no sense, and that the jump from Bill Gates to my B in Microbiology didn't "compute."

I'm not comparing myself to Bill Gates in any way, but the main point of the social psychology's textbook (at least in that chapter) was that people who believe that hard work and effort brings about good grades perform better in college than people who believe in innate ability that will carry them through. The book also mentioned that Asian students spend a lot more time studying than American students.

People are often also afraid to know exactly how smart they are, so often times they "self-handicap." They find all sorts of outside reasons why they couldn't study enough, etc.






No comments:

Post a Comment