Thursday, May 25, 2017

Lost Thoughts

"What makes you think that you are not enough for one person?" My case manager asks me.

I don't know how to directly answer this question, but I do explain that I don't want to be responsible or in control of someone's whole sexuality, to be someone's only fantasy and desire--hence why I think open relationships are a real possibility.

My case manager just suspected that this was due to my low self-esteem, a truism that a lot of people use to justify a lot of different behaviors and attitudes, almost to the point that low self-esteem has lost its importance and meaning.

"If I told you every negative thought I had about myself..." I begin, but I pause for a second.

"Then it would take all day?" My case manager offers.

"I think it would scare you."

No comments:

Post a Comment