Friday, September 1, 2017

The New Semester

My political science professor is a lawyer with a law practice a few towns to the south. He's probably the most lively character so far this semester.

I asked him before class if Beck, who was resting at the head of the room, if she was in the way.

He answered curtly, "Probably."

Days later, I sent him an email, letting him know ahead of time that I would miss class by driving to Palo Alto. In turn, he called me, although I'm not entirely sure how he got my cellphone number, which might just be in my student information that he can access. I figured he would be friendly since he went out of his way to personally call me, but instead, he was rather direct and to-the-point.

After mentioning a few recent political events, bits of news, he turned to me during class, and said, "I know you're going to read."

In his syllabus, he requires or recommends that we read the newspapers. I'm sort of ahead of the curve on that.




No comments:

Post a Comment