Saturday, February 12, 2022

The Elephant in the Room (Morpheus)

The psychologist I work with at G2P Stanford Hospital is probably my favorite psychologist of all time.

Not only is she extremely smart, but she is intuitive and picks up on the little things that others will miss. This admission, the last time we spoke, alone in the family room, she sent probing questions my way about my romantic history, which she may occasionally do over the years, and I deflected (as I always do), talking about my crazy twenties (the one night stands), and landed on an easy topic, Joseph, who I said flatly was "too good for me" (She replied with that was an hour long therapy session all onto itself).

But I never mentioned the elephant in the room. I never mentioned Morpheus. How do you start telling that story?

No comments:

Post a Comment