Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Would Anyone Notice?

Months ago, in a less desperate time, I was sitting on a friend's couch when he told me exactly where he kept an extra bottle of Norco pills, left over, of course and for emergencies. He said he never knew what day he might get bucked off and need something to buffer the pain.

At the time, he knew that I took Tylenol #4 for my own daily pain, and was concerned I didn't hurt myself too much riding. I couldn't help but think in telling me the pills were in the shaving kit in the bathroom that he was giving me quiet permission to skim a few off the top. Really, would he notice a couple missing?

Of course, this was just justification, and I tried to push those thoughts out, but hungry little demons kept clawing at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment