Saturday, February 25, 2017

All the Things I Should Get Over With

On Thursday, Luck messages me through Facebook, asking if I wanted to hang out. I said, "We could meet up on Friday." He agreed. We picked a bar near where I live, and everything was settled.

Unfortunately, Friday came, and I had a paper due at seven pm for poetry class, and also, I had forgotten that I had more homework due at one pm for my COMM class. So, I called and canceled with the LSU Professor because I knew I couldn't take out the time to be with him. In addition to my deadlines, Mom decided to have company over, and told me to clean up the house. I managed to get everything done, even though I wasn't very happy about it, and had to take the equivalent of 4 Vicodin's just so I could get up and moving around.

I took a shower, and headed towards the beach to meet with Lucky. We were supposed to hang out at five pm. Well, five pm showed up, and then five-fifteen, and then finally five thirty. I went home. I thought about TXT-messaging Lucky to tell him thanks for standing me up, but I didn't. At almost seven pm, Lucky messages me, "Hey so we are meeting Friday in a week right?"

Hmmm. No. "I was at the bar waiting for you tonight."

He offers to make it up to me. I explained that I didn't know if I wanted to do that, and I would think about it.

"Are you mad at me?" He writes.

I don't respond.

Later that night, he writes, "Get over it."

No comments:

Post a Comment