Sunday, February 19, 2017

Life On Pain, Part V

For a couple of days, I was actually feeling better, and thought perhaps I was over the worst of the pain from my new disc bulge. However, today was a major setback.

"I know what it's like to be in pain and have no pain meds," my mother told me yesterday.

I called the Neurologist (the same one who prescribed me morphine years ago) on Thursday, and apparently I got her on her cellphone (I thought it was just a confidential voicemail). I asked her if she would take over my pain med management. She told me that wasn't part of what she usually does. I can understand her hesitation because she hasn't seen me in months, but it would be great if she could prescribe me with pain killers (I don't need morphine), thereby releasing my GP from any responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment