Sunday, June 4, 2017

"I open up, you ignore me..."

--No Doubt

Dad is standing in the hallway. I'm trying desperately to dress quickly so I can reach Morpheus' house before he falls asleep. I walk towards him, heading to the bathroom.

"Who's [Morpheus' first initial and last name]?" Dad says, pronouncing Morpheus' name correctly. He read it from the caller ID on the house phone.

"He's a friend. I'm going to make sure he gets home safely," I confess plainly.

"Yeah, but what's his first name?"

"[Morpheus]."

The little bits of blocks in his mind start to shift. "He isn't that married guy, is he?"

"Yes, but he's divorced now."

"That tells you something for sure," he says even though it's highly hypocritical. Dad left his first wife, divorced. "This is not a good idea."

I clean up in the bathroom, put on fresh clothes, and then as I'm heading out the door, Dad says, "Tell him if he hurts you, I'll kill him."



No comments:

Post a Comment