Tuesday, June 6, 2017

The Push

Morpheus talked about guilt, but he never said exactly what he was guilty of, just talked about responsibility weighing on him. He went on and on about his little girl, number three, who is now seven. He wants to be there for her until she at least goes away to college. At the same time, he looks at me, and says, "You don't have any kids...you're not married..." What is holding you back? He seemed to be asking.

"I'm not sure what else I should be doing," I say. "I mean, I was full time for Spring Semester, I'm taking one summer class, and then I'm full time again in the fall."

"You've been talking about school for years. You need to either finish or move on," he tells me. "You can find a job without it."

For the most part, when it comes to finance and money in general, Morpheus has a Ph.D., and I'm still stuck in the second grade. Granted, I know how to balance a checkbook, I know how to go online and pay bills, but besides that and AP Econ senior year of high school, I'm completely clueless.

"I feel like we spend all this time talking about us, and not enough time talking about you. I just want to see you blossom," Morpheus says.

No comments:

Post a Comment