Tuesday, June 6, 2017

"If you only knew/ I'm hanging by a thread/ The web I spin for you"

--"If You Only Knew" by Shinedown

Honestly, I don't know what the right thing is to say. When someone goes through a divorce, you'd think that he/she would want to be reminded that this is an opportunity for personal growth, and another chance at happiness--but what if that's not what he's feeling? You don't want to discount the merit of those feelings. "I'll bet you a hundred dollars right now that you will find someone and you will fall in love, and then your attitude will shift," I tell him. "Because that's what happens to people."

He puts dishes in the sink, and without looking at me, says, "That just goes to show how little you know about me."

I feel a smoldering kind of anger coming from him. "Well, at least be open to the possibility."

He finally looks up at me. "Okay, I can be open to the possibility."

No comments:

Post a Comment