Sunday, June 4, 2017

Wandering Lost and Alone

It's 9:42pm, and I'm sitting on my bed watching TV. I had a couple glasses of wine, had a couple guys from Bumble who wanted to see me, but I didn't want to see them. It seems so exhausting getting up, getting dressed up, putting on makeup, and on and on.

The phone is ringing, which means that it's either Morpheus, who I left a message with earlier, or something is wrong with my paternal grandmother (my maternal grandmother would never call even if she was dying).

Dad answers the phone. "Oh, okay..." He shows me the digital read out of the phone, and asks me if I know that number.

"Yes." I speak to the person over the phone. "Hello."

"Who is this?"

"I'm sorry," I'm a little stunned.

"Someone called me from this number...." he pauses. "Is this you?"

I don't know which "you" he's referring to. "It's me. It's [Jae]."

The phone hangs up. A few minutes later, he calls me again, and then proceeds to hang up--again.

Apparently, Morpheus is out wandering around my old stomping grounds, looking for his Mercedes, drunk. He keeps asking me if I'm okay.

"Well, in what way?" I respond. I tell him about the good things going on in my life, I'm doing well in school, I have great friends, etc. "But if you think I'm okay with what happened between us, then no, I'm not okay."

"Nothing happened between us," he says.

"Well, that's hurtful."

"No, that's not what I meant."


No comments:

Post a Comment