Tuesday, November 1, 2016

7/10

I told the whole Engl 201B that I was a stripper because there was an argument in class about the difference between an "erotic dancer" and a "stripper." I stated simply that there was none; the terms were used interchangeably. Everyone laughed at me, thinking that was pretty strange.

"Were you really a stripper?" Dee, who's in the chair next to me, asks in a low tone.

"Yes, when I was younger and much thinner."

But before the professor arrives, some of us had settled into our seats.

"Maybe he's not going to show up today," Dee comments.

"No, he's here," one of the female students says. She looks like someone just beat her dog. "In office hours, he told me to re-write my whole essay."

Dee smiles, "You have no idea how little I care about this class."

"Did you ever turn in your essay?" Another student asks Dee.

"No, but I have a hundred on everything else, so I think I'll be okay." He's still smiling.

Me, on my in-class essay, I scored a 7/10. 





No comments:

Post a Comment