Tuesday, November 8, 2016

"Daystar"

"...--where she was nothing,
pure nothing, in the middle of the day."

--"Daystar" by Dove

"I need to get a few things done before class," the English instructor says after we had been talking for a while in his office.

In other words, stop arguing with me, Jae, and do something useful with your time like reading a book. Yes! Read a book. Go now!

I don't know why I showed up to office hours, I did need to tell him that I would miss class on November 30th, since I had to go up to Palo Alto for a psych evaluation at Stanford's Outpatient Clinic. However, I could have written that in a couple-sentences-long email.

Mostly, I just wanted to watch his face when I told him that he made a comment which was "uncharacteristic" of him.

Shouldn't students show up to class? I mean, isn't that a truism?

"You took the comment much more seriously than the other students."

"Can I be frank?" I say.

"You haven't been?"

I can't tell if he's making a joke or not.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment