Thursday, November 10, 2016

Be Careful with Coffee

I stand up out of my chair with my grande Starbucks coffee (already in holiday colors) in hand. I walk forward so that I'm standing right at the edge of his desk. I say, "I'm not an idiot. I've read a lot about psychiatric illness over the years, and never in my reading have I learned that caffeine contributes to suicidality."

"I said caffeine withdrawal is causing your suicidal thoughts," he corrects me, looking completely removed from my anger.

"Okay," I say as I head to the door. "Caffeine withdrawal is so minor compared to opioid or alcohol withdrawal." I'm still walking.

"Do you want to leave?" He asks like he can't see me already moving in that direction.

"Thank you," I respond right as I open the door into the hallway. I step out.


No comments:

Post a Comment