Wednesday, November 2, 2016

I'm Joseph in This Scenario

You see, I'm Joseph in this scenario.

And I also owe the LSU Professor sushi because I lost our bet.

"Just block him for one month, just one month, that's the least of what he deserves," the LSU Professor pleaded with me a few weeks ago.

I didn't.

I had this dream last night that I showed up at his house, in the middle of the night, and I remember sitting on the edge of his bed, talking to him, and then finally saying, "I have to go." I have another thought--that I'm dreaming, that this isn't real.

"Some patients like to go on these drugs because they have vivid dreams," one of the doctors at Stanford University Hospital's G2P said.

What a stupid reason to abuse antidepressants.

He tells me to stay, to lie down in the bed--which I do.

This morning, I woke up in a particularly sentimental mood--which reminds me of Morpheus saying the last time we saw each other that being married to the Wife was some of the happiest times in his life, and that sometimes he "got sentimental" over the loss of their relationship.

So, I did a very bad thing, shame on me, I sent him a TXT-message this morning, asking how he and the kids were doing.

It's Monday, Oct 31st, and the English instructor is reading out loud to the class from The Bean Trees. He says, " 'Whatever you want the most, it's going to be the worst thing for you.' " (pg. 83) He asks the group, "Any of you ever been in that situation?" He doesn't pause long and is looking down at the book instead of looking up at everyone else. "No?" He answers himself.

I felt like raising my hand, and saying, "Does having sex with a married man, over the period of years, count?"




No comments:

Post a Comment