Thursday, November 3, 2016

New Policy

On Wednesday, before Engl 201A started, the English instructor made an odd comment. He said that if you were skilled at reading literature, then you didn't need to show up to class. Was he kidding? Was he having a moment of insecurity, like what do I have novel to teach this group of young adults?

Which I didn't understand entirely, does that mean if I only show up for midterms, finals and when I need to turn in my final draft, if I do that expertly and without fail, then is it possible to receive an A? Or does he hold to his policy of the 10% of the grade is participation, and therefore if I only attend lecture on said days, that the highest I can receive is a 90% or 89%, bearing that I get full credit for every test and paper due?

Is that a challenge or a form of dismissal, like Jae, if you think you're so smart...?

Or was he too just having an "off" day?





No comments:

Post a Comment