Sunday, July 9, 2017

"A Normal Life is Boring..."

--"Lose Yourself," by Eminem

I probably talked too much about the poetry professor, but he is an interesting person with interesting ideas, and a mutual point between us. At one point, the English instructor told me that I talked more about department gossip than what I'm actually doing with my English degree.

While we were sitting down together, in some kind of enthusiastic rush, I mentioned to the English instructor that I was going to open mic night with the poetry professor and his daughter, and since he had a guitar, he should go with us (because that wouldn't be awkward, right?). The English instructor just smiles, and says, "it's interesting that you said his daughter is coming." I am not dating the poetry professor, and if I was, I would at least call him by his first name!

I honestly thought about inviting the poetry professor to go with me and my parents to a concert since he loves music so much, but I thought that my parents might get the wrong idea, and why would the poetry professor like to hang out with my parents?

No comments:

Post a Comment