Saturday, July 22, 2017

"Lonely Women and Bad Booze..."

--Garth Brooks

For the first time in months, I thought about suicide today.

Yesterday, I kept trying to get ahold of Morpheus. I called his cell phone from my cell phone, and it went directly to voicemail. So, I left a message, and then I kept calling every couple of hours. Straight to voicemail. When I got home, I called him from the house phone, and he answered.

"This is [Morpheus]," he says.

I giggle. "What do you mean? You should know who this is by now..."

"Oh, I don't...You're not in my contact list. I don't recognize ***." he says, quoting three digits of my number. "Who is this?"

I realized he wasn't joking. He should know the number by now, we had this same conversation a few weeks ago. Plus, I included it in one of my recent txt-messages, and it's at the bottom of all my emails, etc. And we've had conversations in the past on this number.

"I'm getting ready to go to the fair," he tells me.

"Okay, well call me back if you want. Thank you. Goodbye," I say, and then I quickly hang up.


No comments:

Post a Comment