Sunday, July 9, 2017

"Get Along with the Voices Inside of My Head"

"Yeah, you think I'm crazy..."

--Rihanna, "The Monster"

"Everyone needs someone to talk to," The LSU Professor tells me Friday afternoon as we sat down at a cafe. "You should be flattered that he's going to coffee with you." He then describes having a crush on some German professor in college, who he said was really hot, but never had much contact with.

The LSU professor makes me promise that after I meet the English instructor for coffee that I immediately TXT-message to let him know what happened. After all, I had been debating for a week straight of bailing out on the English instructor for a garden variety set of reasons. The LSU Professor and I talked about it for a little while, and he only asked me, poking his finger into my chest, "What does your heart tell you?"

Of course, at the time, on Friday, I didn't really know. After meeting with the English instructor at a busy cafe somewhere south of where I live on Saturday, I did as a promised, and I let the LSU Professor what happened. He's immediately giddy, and sends back, "Don't sleep with him tonight. But if you do, keep a diary! I'll write a movie script on this one, and u and I can retire!"

[for the record, the English instructor in no way suggested the idea that we sleep together. That was the LSU Professor's own interpretation....I TXT-messaged the LSU Professor back, and told him that the English instructor had already left, hence we wouldn't be fucking, at least not this afternoon]

No comments:

Post a Comment