Monday, September 2, 2013

"Days?"

--Originally written on October 12, 2009 at 3:51pm

The only serious question in an entire, dirty TXT message conversation I had with a random guy I picked up last night.


The Psychiatrist is a closet, heavily cynical romantic, one of those guys who believes that love can cure anything, conquer anything, and yet willing admits, most of the time, love is sorely disappointing because while love is an ideal, people are still people, frail, selfish and ignorant. I picked up most of his attitudes about love over the years as he's the only therapist who's advice I've actually followed. In fact, his verdict towards someone has quite the influence on me. I might go my own way, regardless, but I will keep his words of caution in the back of my mind.


Strangely, I know what he would tell me now, even though I haven't talked to him in weeks, because he knows I'm not happy unless I've tried everything in my power to make something work. Once I hit my point of no return, it's difficult to quit when not all of the options have been exhausted. This is for my own wellbeing, and it doesn't even matter too much who I'm running after.

No comments:

Post a Comment