Sunday, September 8, 2013

In the Morning

Originally written on August 16, 2009 at 9:28pm

Crank (In Line for Coffee Boy) is standing, leaning against my bed. He isn't looking at me. "What if I brought over [a friend's name]?"

We're discussing the possibility of a two guy-one girl threesome, an idea I immediately ruled out. He tried one friend already, but he knows I like this other friend better, the oldest of the bunch at twenty-six, named "October."

I pause, half because I'm thinking about October, and half because I'm watching his face. Some emotion is flicking through the channels, somewhere between his forehead and chin, but I can't read it. "No...He's a nice guy. He doesn't strike me as the type."

"He's not," Crank admits.

"He's the cuddler, I remembered. I like him." I smile.

"Yeah, and I don't cuddle."

"I noticed that."

"Why did you get up and leave in the middle of the night?" He asks. "I woke up that morning, and was like, 'What the fuck?' Because I was gonna give you a ride. [October] said he talked to you for a bit before you left. Said you were wide awake."

I debate how I should answer, the truth or something silly like I needed to feed my cat? I decide he's a grown player, he can handle it. "It's one of my rules, but I don't sleep with a guy. I can't, actually. Plus, I didn't want an awkward situation in the morning, you know?"

"I'm the same way!" He's excited over this. "I can't sleep with a strange girl either. I sleep better when I can hog the middle of the bed. This is why I'll never get married."

No comments:

Post a Comment