Thursday, March 30, 2017

When Real Animals Attack--You Know, Like Wild Ones

I was cleaning the kitchen when the front door of the house opened, and Mom and Dad entered--each carrying a days-old little baby lamb--one was grey and the other was black. "What the hell?" I said.

"Shhh!" Mom responded.

My parents stuffed the little lambs in a medium-size dog crate. Immediately, the lambs started crying.

"Those are not happy lambs," I said.

"Of course not, but better to be not happy than dead," Mom said back.

We have been having a problem with mountain lions on the ranch. One killed about five goats, and the game warden came out and shot it. (Dad showed me a picture of the cat with missing brain parts, and I told him to never do that again) This next mountain lion only killed one goat. But still, we're missing one lamb, and have never been able to find any body parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment