Monday, March 20, 2017

Yea, I Did

I officially submitted my essay called "While I Perish Beside the Sea" (in reference to a poem) to the New York Times Modern Love College Essay contest. Within seconds, I received this email: "Thank you for submitting to the Modern Love College Essay Contest. Your entry has been received. Results will be announced in late April..."

Since the poetry professor help me edit and shape the work, I emailed him today to let him know that I had gone and actually done the deed--and to thank him. He responded, "And remember, the reward was just having a reason to write it! Actually winning a contest is the proverbial 'snow ball's change in hell!' :)"

To which, I corrected him, "O ye of little faith. Won't you be surprised when I get it published?"

He conceded, "I'm sure you'll be published if not this time very soon..."

This is the first time ever in my life that I have submitted something for publication. And I'm thirty-three-years-old. About time, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment