Thursday, January 26, 2017

The Inconvenience

I went to my Engl 201C professor's office hours this afternoon, and I explained to him, "Usually, I like to get to know my professor a little bit before I approach him with a problem, but unfortunately, that's not the case today." I tell him that because of my chronic illness, my disability (I didn't mention my diagnosis), I had to drive to Stanford Outpatient once every three to four weeks on Wednesdays (I also included that Stanford wouldn't schedule on any other day). And that meant that I would be missing a bunch of lecture. I asked him that I would prefer not to drop the class, but if he felt I should, well, then, I would.

"Can you come to office hours on Monday or Tuesday at ten thirty?" He asks.

I think for a moment. "Yeah sure." I also say that I know that it's more work for him to repeat what he was going discuss in lecture with me in his office.

He tells me not to worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment