Tuesday, April 11, 2017

"I'll Follow You Down/In the Eye of the Storm"

--Shinedown, "I'll Follow You"

"I'm tired of being told everyday that I'm a piece of shit," my mother tells me when I first arrive home from physical therapy. She's talking about her own mother, and how she treats her.

My father was outside in the backyard with Beck and PeeWee, sitting on a chair. I walked up to him, and said, "I'm going to say this because no one else will, but I wanted to thank you for your patience and calmness dealing with grandma." He makes her breakfast almost every morning, even after she says, "I don't eat breakfast" because he knows she has diabetes and needs the food early in the day.

He took a sip from his beer. "She can't help it," he replied.

"Her electricity is going to get turned off, her water too, and then she's just going to sit in the dark, and blame [Uncle] for doing it to her!" My mother exclaimed during the same conversation.

"I'm just trying to figure out a way where she's not alone out there by herself," I responded.

"Good luck with that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment