Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Final Nail, Part V

Once every few years, Morpheus tells me that he wants no contact. I can't remember the first time he came up with this idea, but record shows (on this blog) that he continuously uses this ploy, with varying degrees of seriousness. After a few months, maybe six, maybe ten, we end up communicating again.

I could tell you that he doesn't mean it this time (maybe he doesn't?), but that would seem deluted on my part (no crazy person likes to be called crazy). I mean, the definition of hubris is to believe that when an ex tells you to "Please move on" that he/she is using reverse psychology or otherwise trying to encourage you. Only crazy people believe that. Right? That's how a good restraining order gets started.

Last time I saw him, we were standing in the kitchen, and I told him that he was going to fall in love with someone else. The last email I sent him (the one a few months ago), I told him that I didn't want to be around when he did fall in love or decided to get re-married. While we were leaning over the island in his kitchen, he told me briskly that he wasn't going to fall in love, and that showed how little I knew him.

I might not know Morpheus very well, but I do know people. They say they're heartbroke, but most recover and fall in love again, despite their best efforts to avoid it.

It's just the circle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment