Sunday, January 14, 2018

Final Nail, Part XXV

I only have one picture of Morpheus that doesn't come from his ex-wife's Facebook page.

Today, I bought a $316 locket necklace, and used the company's website to minimize a picture of Morpheus to put inside (also made one of my dog, and have considered just using Beck's photo with the other side just saying, "Forever Beck" instead of holding onto an ex and his likeness). The picture of him isn't very good, it's from May of 2016, and it's dark and he's wearing a hat. While we were seeing each other, I never thought to take pictures.

I don't wear jewelry either, and I don't know what I'm going to do if random strangers (and/or family members) ask to see inside the locket. How do you explain that you're wearing around your neck some ghost of Christmas past? Or that you're so lonely, the most important person in your life, who you want to remember literally everytime you touch your neck--happens to be a dog?

No comments:

Post a Comment